You already went through of the general idea of our Preference Center. You're feeling inspired and want to get down to business! But this is brand new, you don't want to mess anything up and want to know more. Then this guide is for you!
First things first, you can find the Preference Center under the Tools menu, it is called Opt-in Management. Found it? Great! 🎉
Now we have a few guidelines and ideas for you to explore this new feature:
- When the dashboard is opened for the first time, our backend service will generate the Topic information from your platform database. So if you're already using topics they are automatically loaded. 😎 Then you can edit the description and display name of each topic, and add more.
- Each topic can be reordered using the 6-dot icon on the right by drag and drop. This will affect how the topics are displayed on the Preference Center page.
- Deleting topics through Topic Management does not delete topics from existing opt-ins. It only removes the topic from the Preference Center checkbox group.
- The visible icon can be toggled to hide topics from the dashboard for those not already subscribed to them. They will still be displayed for those who are so they can unsubscribe from those lists. This is handy for VIP lists and other lists that you don’t want users to be able to opt-in to but want to be able to unsubscribe from. If you do not want people to be able to unsubscribe from certain lists, do not include them in your Preference Center.
- The edit button allows you to edit the topic’s display name and description. This does not affect the internal name for the topic (as it is displayed to Activity Stream campaign users) which cannot be edited.
- The Add Topic button allows you to create new topics that will be displayed on the Preference Center.
- The Preference Center editor allows you to customize how the preference center page looks per platform.
- You can create draft designs by editing the name of the design and clicking Save Draft. You can set the draft as the actual design by clicking the Save Design & Set As Current button.
- A default design is provided for those who have not customized their own. You don't have to edit the default design if you don’t want to.
- The newsletter preference design (1) must contain Topic checkboxes (provided in the Topics tool), (2) a button with Action Type “Submit Topic Preferences” and a (3) button with Action Type “Unsubscribe From All”. All of this is present by default in the Default design.
- You can preview the design in your browser with the Preview button on the right hand side.
- You can edit the title of the web page with the Page Title button.
- You can customize the design of the page that opens when you update your topics or unsubscribe from all through the “Preferences Updated Design” menu.
Now you have all the knowledge to work with the Preference Center! 🎉