Year On Year dashboard shows an overview of event's throughout the years. Here you can compare the number of tickets sold, the average ticket price between the years, and how the revenue has been evolving.
The Year on Year Dashboard is situated in the left toolbar, under Dashboards.
This page shows the Revenue you have generated over different years and the Tickets you have sold in that time frame.
There are different charts you can use for customising your research:
- A Graphical View over time is displayed at the top and shows tickets sold by
- Transaction Breakdown
- Purchased vs. Cancelled tickets
- Paid vs. Free tickets
- Distance from Venue in Kilometers
- Price Category (price categories you have in your ticketing platform)
- Price Type (price types you have in your ticketing platform)
- Customer Tags (these tags are created by Activity Stream, click here for more information)
- Customer Categories (customer categories you have in your ticketing platform, if you have any)
What can I customise?
You can narrow down the data using the filters by clicking on any of the bars in the charts listed above.
You can also customise your research by using the button on the white bar at the top.
This will reload the entire dashboard to portray only the data for the segment you have clicked on.
Using the cumulative view, you can look at the revenue generated or the items sold month by month over the year.
In order to see the cumulative view you need to switch to "C" button on the right-upper part of the Revenue by month graph and/or Items sold by month graph.
By default, this button is displayed on "P".
The Year Over Year dashboard combines multiple years of performance in terms of revenue and items sold in order to evaluate your overall performance.