If you have not gotten a training session to our platform yet, or it has been a while since you used it, this article will introduce all the main elements.
What is Activity Stream?
Activity Stream is a real-time analytics platform that takes transactional data from your ticketing platform, combines it with data from other sources, and uses it to build a live, interactive dashboard that you can use to explore your data. For more information, check out Activity Stream’s website.
- Depending on your ticketing platform our data refreshes between real-time and 1 day. This means that every time you log in, there is new data to be seen.
- Everything you see on Activity Stream can be added as a filter. This helps you narrow down your view to exactly what you are after.
- Every time you add a filter or exclude a value, the URL of the platform changes, so you can easily copy/paste the URL to your colleague and they can see what you saw. This means you can also bookmark various pages and see them with the same filters the day after.
- There are a lot of features on Activity Stream, a lot of them almost hidden at first sight (like the 6 buttons on every component which allow you to deselect specific elements, or download the graph).
You cannot break anything while looking into your data, so feel free to press every button and explore every dashboard! At the same time, when the time comes that you need to put together a very specific report and have no clue how to get there, just write to email@example.com and we will help you out!
Basics to get around
Depending on your venue setup, you will have between 3-8 dashboards available to you (add-ons for donations, products, etc.). These are all available from the menu icons in the top right corner.
Every dashboard has its main purpose and a main job/action point it fulfils.
To learn more about the specific use cases of Activity Stream, please check our Academy.
Every dashboard starts with the old faithful top bar that allows you to search for customers/events/productions and all come with their own specific view when clicked on.
You can use this bar to
- change the amount of data you are looking at (calendar icon)
- Export a CSV of the audience or a PDF of the dashboard (Export)
- Change your view to only show one of your venues/promoters/countries (Subtenant)
- The granularity of the dashboard (stopwatch icon)