- Introduction to Templating
Text Flow Example Templates
Here you will find some templates that you can use to create your own flows and edit them to suit your needs. Remember this list is not exhaustive, it’s just to help you get started and show you the kind of messages that our clients usually send. If you’d like any further help with this please co...
- Using Customer Fields in Message Templates
- Adding a Link to Mobile Tickets
- Representing Dates and Times Within your Message Templates
- Dynamic Pluralisation
Here we explain the crowdEngage built-in URL shortener that includes click tracking Text messages that are over 160 characters long are counted as one message per 153 characters, so it pays to be concise! crowdEngage includes a built-in URL shortener which will replace every web address included ...
- Conditional Logic (If/Else Statements)
- Using Order and Ticket Fields in Message Templates
- Using Event and Instance Fields in Message Templates
Inserting Merge Fields/Dynamic Content
Address your customers by name, including the performance start time, and more. You can insert data from the customer, event, instance, or order into each message. This is really handy as it means that the same message template can be used for multiple events, and personalized for each customer. ...